DIY Piñata Halloween Costume

October 3, 2021

 

DIY Piñata Halloween Costume 

It's finally October which means it is time to start thinking about your Halloween costume! This year I wanted to be more involved in making Lola's costume and decided to try out a couple of ideas I had. I think the piñata is my favorite one yet! This costume is nice because it is made of felt which makes it super warm and comfortable. It also was affordable to make and fairy easy to put together. 

Supplies Needed: 

  • Different colors of felt (I used 12" x 9" pieces). 
  • Hot glue gun 
  • old outfit (I used an old long sleeve and pants). 
  • headband 
  • 2 styrofoam cones 
  • ribbon
  • scissors 
  • ruler 

Directions: 

  1. Start by cutting your pieces of felt into 3 strips. I measured it out and did them all about 3 inches in width. Stack those three pieces of cut felt and cut a slit close to the edge. 

2. Use glue gun to glue down felt onto pants and shirt going in whatever pattern you would like. As you go make sure you don't wrap it too tight so that the pants and shirt will still fit your child. 
3. Glue felt pieces onto the styrofoam cones and glue those onto the headband. I used ribbon to hang down to make it look more like a piñata. 



Post a Comment